- Wake up and sit in 30 minutes of traffic heading to a job you likely hate, and at best tolerate.
- Sit in a chair all day, furthering the trend of the ⅔ of us that are overweight.
- Spend the first 3-4 hours of each day working directly to pay off our average $30k+ in college loans and $10k+ in credit card debt.
- Come home to a spouse that we stand a coins flip of staying with long term.
- Spend 34 hours per week on average sitting in front of the TV. (yeah, 34 fucking hours)
- Save up all year to go on a predictable vacation where we are ensured to still be surrounded by people like us. (Less than 30% of American’s have a passport, compared to more than 75% of brits)
Normal sucks because on average, people’s lives suck. And yet somehow, we’re more comfortable living in the above than taking a risk to avoid it. I had more to say, but Dancing With The Stars just came on, and my DVR is full….