[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he flight options from Philadelphia to Bangkok are not ideal. For the first time in years I broke from my Delta/Skyteam fan-boy tendencies and grabbed a flight on Qatar Airlines. I did this for a couple reasons:
- There happened to be a one stop flight option available.
- Qatar Air is considered one of the best airlines in the world, and I wanted to see what life was like in the Q suites.
- Qatar Air is so happy you’re willing to fly through Doha, they’ll give you a free (seriously, 100% free) hotel to explore if you choose a flight with a 12+ hour layover.
- When am I going to be in Qatar otherwise?
Quick facts about Qatar:
- It is the richest Per-captia country in the world.
- It is considered one of the safest countries in the world.
- Falcons, a big deal apparently.
- They’ll host the world cup in 2022, not without controversy.
- Everything seems brand new. Buildings, airports, roads.
- It is currently in a fight with a number of its middle eastern neighbors, specifically Saudi Arabia, meaning flights in and out take crazy paths.